2020 brings us not only into a new year but into a whole new decade. With that typically comes a big shift in design aesthetics overall. Interior design trends are similar to other fashion trends; you can pick and choose what works for your personality. This new decade has many new styles on the horizon. Here are five that most experts seem to agree on.
Top 5 Home Decorating Trends of 2020
1. The minimalist look of the past decade is transforming into the use of bold patterns. Patterned wallpaper, abstract wall art and pillows, along with an eclectic mix of earthy, heavy textures are forecast to be in vogue.
2. Predictions say curvy, sculptural sofas and chairs, as well as rattan and cane, will be at the forefront of furniture fashion for the new decade.
3. Another upcoming trend will be utilizing more vintage pieces and antique art. Giving old objects a new purpose is a great way to recycle and add character.
4. Pure white kitchens are giving way to designs with color and accessorized with individual personality.
5. Introducing Pantone’s 2020 Color of the Year: Classic Blue. “Instilling calm, confidence, and connection, this enduring blue hue highlights our desire for a dependable and stable foundation on which to build as we cross the threshold into a new era.”